Oakland Raiders officially hire Jon Gruden as head coach

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Oakland Raiders officially hire Jon Gruden as head coach

Postby blazin1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:06 am

Jon Gruden needed to physically leave the broadcast booth before his return to coaching could become official.

Gruden was officially announced as the Raiders' new head coach on Saturday night, just over an hour after Gruden finished providing on-air analysis for ESPN's broadcast of the wild-card game between Tennessee and Kansas City. The Raiders will introduce Gruden as their head coach at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

ESPN's Sean McDonough gave a heartfelt goodbye to Gruden on air during the telecast's wrap-up, and an hour later, Gruden's return to the Raiders became official, 15 years after he was traded by the franchise to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Gruden joins the Raiders on what likely will be a 10-year, $100 million contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. The pact is believed to be the richest coaching contract in NFL history, according to Rapoport. NFL teams do not disclose financial details on coaching deals. Rapoport reported Gruden's coordinators are also getting four-year contracts. Greg Olson will be Gruden's offensive coodinator, Paul Guenther will be defensive coordinator and Rich Bisaccia will coach special teams, Rapoport added.

With potentially just one season left in Oakland before a move to Las Vegas in 2020 (2019's location has not been confirmed), the Raiders are bringing a big name to lead the franchise into a new era with a hefty commitment to go with it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000903491/article/oakland-raiders-hire-jon-gruden-as-head-coach

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Oakland Raiders officially hire Jon Gruden as head coach

Postby blazin1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 am

I like Gruden, but wtf is up with bringing Greg Olson back? Gruden should be able to get someone A LOT better than that!

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 am

Don't understand Olsen as OC as well. Gruden will be calling the plays and that's all I care about.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby bigboy3333 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:41 am

Chucky!! He's Back!!!!!!

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby bigboy3333 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 am

Rumor's has it that they will go after the RB coach of the Cowboys, also I think Gruden should retain OL coach Mike Tice. I also hear Charles Woodson would like to join the coaching staff. Lease but not last, bring on Rich Cannon as qb coach.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 am

With the connections Gruden has around the league as an observer and talking to players, coaches, execs when he was an analyst it will be beneficial hopefully drawing top free agents to Oakland and Vegas.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 am

I'm not sure who else would really want to be OC where your head coach is calling all the plays.
I would have loved the jets OC to come in and work with him...but Olson? I'm watching the Jag game now and Bottles hasn't settled down yet. Big problem.
Hopefully he'll just help Gruden with carrying the cones and setup the practice audio lol.
Gannon should be the coach helping him prepare anyways.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Olson looks like a fuckin dirty crackhead in a homeless shelter. He needs a fuckin shower!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 pm

You know, i’m getting tired of this shit. What should have been a great day for Raiders fans is completely blown to DOG SHIT with the hire of Greg Olson. The man is an abject failure.

I don’t Give a fuck how involved Gruden will be in the O. We all thought Jack was going to basically take charge of the D as well and look what happened.

Guys, I have a feeling we’re about to see mediocrity at its finest. I am seriously disappointed. This calls Gruden’s decision-making into question before he has even settled into his office. Much like Reggie firing Hue, and Jack hiring Musgrave and then promoting Downing. Every single time we’ve seen a horrible decision like this it has resulted in shit.

This is eerily Similar to when we hired Reggie. I was stoked about this. Now i’m Just over it. My God, WHY THE FUCK DOES OUR TEAM INSIST ON IMPORTING FAILURE?? WHY? Over and over and over again, the few smart moves we make are negated by idiocy.

We cannot be a consistent winning team with Olson as OC. Jesus, the Jags offense got TEN TIMES BETTER after they ditched Greg Olson. It’s crystal clear that he was holding Bortles back. That’s the story of his entire career so why the FUCK would we bring that BACK in here??

I don’t know shit about our DC, but i’m Prepared to be dejected by that signing as well.

And until I hear that Reggie has been either let go or rendered COMPLETELY irrelevant, i’m Afraid I can’t take a positive view of the situation.

We have TWO fatal cancers at positions of great authority. Teams can’t survive that. You can’t win when your OC and GM are part of the problem and not the solution.

Fuck this shit. I’m sorry guys, I can’t get onboard w this. If they fire Reggie I might change my mind.

Bad decisions. We’ve suffered through 6 fucking years of bad decision after bad decision, and now they’re saying this is a “new era”? No, there’s nothing new about bad decisions in this organization.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Maybe Mark Davis misses the blowjobs Greg Olsen used to give him so he told Chucky as part of the deal bring back Olsen to knob slob my jew pecker again.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum