Oakland Raiders officially hire Jon Gruden as head coach

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Oakland Raiders officially hire Jon Gruden as head coach

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 pm

I look at Grudens record compared to the shit head coaches we’ve had & I’m glad he’s back. Imagine Del Rio for another year? Or Reggie trying to bring in another coach? Reggie will be relegated to doing only contracts or some shit. Gruden is Reggie’s boss. Reggie won’t even be involved in the football operations at all IMO. I hope they just fire Reggie but if he’s kept he’s gonna be Gruden & Davis Step & fetch it Niggger.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:19 pm

I'd love to know why Gruden chose Greg Olson as OC. I assumed he'd get a non retread like Olson. Hopefully Gruden's tenure isn't all style no substance with a bunch of hype before going to Vegas and we're a 9-7 or 10-6 team that gets eliminated in the divisional round a couple times and or Championship game and thats the extent of it. Chucky better get us a Lombardi trophy at least because its only been 35 plus years that we hoisted one and have only been to the big game once since 1984.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:20 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:I'd love to know why Gruden chose Greg Olson as OC. I assumed he'd get a non retread unlike Olson. Hopefully Gruden's tenure isn't all style no substance with a bunch of hype before going to Vegas and we're a 9-7 or 10-6 team that gets eliminated in the divisional round a couple times and or Championship game and thats the extent of it. Chucky better get us a Lombardi trophy at least because its only been 35 plus years that we hoisted one and have only been to the big game once since 1984.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:20 pm

I agree that Gruden is the best coach we’ve had since... Gruden.

But there are many different things that can fuck up a football team.

Two things concern me: hiring Olson and agreeing to work w Reggie. Not a good start.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby bigboy3333 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm

The only way that I would be worried with the Olson hire would be that he would be calling the plays! U can rest assure Gruden will be calling the play .....

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Two things concern me: hiring Olson and agreeing to work w Reggie. Not a good start.[/quote]
You can pay me 10 million a year and I'll initially say I can work with Reggie. Gruden butts heads with everybody everywhere he's been. Gruden is making a shit ton more than Reggie and is valued a lot more than Reggie in Mark Davis eyes. Gruden will have some bouts with Reggie, hopefully they can collaborate on the draft and free agency and Reggie ends up being more of a number cruncher, contracts and cap guy.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby 790thSFS » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Oslon did well with the Rams, stop being fucking sour pusses!

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 pm

790thSFS wrote:Oslon did well with the Rams, stop being fucking sour pusses!

McVay was calling the plays for the Rams though. Just like Gruden will be calling the plays for us. I think Olsen will be a buffer for Carr and be a familiar face from Carr's rookie year. Gruden will call plays and implement the playbook. Our offense should be as good as it was in 2016 with Chucky doing his thing.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Olson was the QB coach, how the fuck does that compare to OC, 790 you douchebag??

Maybe you should go look at the teams where he was OC. Like JAX, who made the playoffs the very next season after ditching the worthless fuck Olson.

Fucking JAX went from 3-13 to 10-6 and the playoffs immediately ater getting rid of the piece of shit that’s now our OC.

If you think Goff’s success has anything at all to do w his QB coach you’re just pissing in the wind again. And again. And again. You never fail to fail 790.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby No Prisoners » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am

This is a slam dunk hire imo. Very excited to see how he works with Carr and shapes this roster.

No Prisoners
Rookie
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum