A look ahead to New England

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

A look ahead to New England

Postby piratepride » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:52 pm

I think we lose, especially coming out of a bye, which were notorious for playing like shit after.

If I'm playing devil's advocate, let's look on the bright side real quick.

Well rested, plus we've made this trip before.
The Mexican fans will primarily be rooting for us, or at least pointing the laser pointer towards Tom Brady's eyes.

Their going to be hit hard up in Denver, my guess is Gronk gets laid out on a cheap shot.

Our secondary should be 100% healthy by then including Conley/ Obi.
Conley better be ready to play!

Lynch likes him some quesadillas, he'll be ready lol.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: A look ahead to New England

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 pm

We're 4-5 after beating Miami. Have to go 5-2 or 6-1 or 7-0 the rest of the way to give us any chance at a postseason. Preferably winning our remaining conference games for tie breaker reasons as Balt and Buff beat us head to head and will be wild card contenders for those two seeds. If we beat New England that could be huge in revitalizing this team and confidence that they have a chance and flipping this season and maybe closing the season real strong. Broncos could be worst team in division because they have no QB to speak of right now.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:47 am

We have no chance. Jay Cutler just lit us up. We have nothing on the defensive side of the ball it’s like having ghosts out there. I don’t understand the defensive calls. Norton is fucking clueless on how & when to blitz. Tom Brady vs Reggie’s high school secondary? Brady will lose our ass going around the block. Maybe this isn’t the place to bring this up but why the fuck should we resign Amari Cooper? I say let him go. Useless if you can’t catch the ball no matter how much potential or skill he has. Fuck em

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 am

why the fuck should we resign Amari Cooper

DHB part deux. If he can only catch the fuckin ball. Coop is terrible in double coverage or even tight coverage especially over the middle and fighting the ball and positioning to get the ball. I don't think he likes contact either aside from having butter fingers. Right after this season we need to fire Downing and Norton jr. Get an OC that can take advantage of all the weapons we have and less predictable. Get a DC that can make the Dee competent and get off the field on 3rd down for once.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:14 am

Before the Fins game, our O was ranked #20 and our D #26. I doubt we did anything to improve on those rankings.

The Pats are literally polar opposites on different sides of the ball. #1 on O, #32 on D. HOWEVER, even though their D is #32 in yds, it's #17 in pts allowed.

Believe it or not, MIA's D was ranked #7 before we got hold of it. HOWEVER, it was #16 in pts.

Confusing stats. But if we can score 27 pts on the #7 D, we just MIGHT be able to score enough to keep up with Brady. If you look at NE's schedule, they haven't beaten any good teams. They lost to KC and CAR while beating Jets, Texans, Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Chargers.

Problem is that Brady and Bill know how to win under damn near any circumstances. Can't say the same for us.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 am

I know, the Pats Wil be a tough him to clink for sure. If Hightower is still injured Marshawn could potentially have a field day. They can't really rush the passer and have a hard time stopping the run.
If our secondary is healed up and all bodies are available, we just might give NE a run for their $$$.
That said, too much has to go right, I think we lose mainly because this game won't be played in our backyard.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum