Super Bowl caliber team? Embarrassed at home? Al Davis

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Super Bowl caliber team? Embarrassed at home? Al Davis

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:57 pm

This team ABSOLUTELY sucks. This looks just like the old Al days. Does anyone here really still think even with Derek Carr that this team can make the playoffs? This is the same garbage we've seen throughout the 2000's with Al. It's all on Reggie. Just like the intelligent people here have said all along. Reggie had a chance to put us over the top this year by building a real defense through FA. He passed on EVERY good defender out there & wouldn't even sign Perry Riley who at least looked decent last year. He goes & gets Cook, Patterson & Lynch. Cook looks shitty, Patterson isn't really anything & Lynch is washed up and a total nigggger. I don't want to place al the blame on Reggie but it looks like his sure bet Amari Cooper looks like a total bust. Jack Del Rio looks like about the worst coach in the league with his jack ass stupid play calls. Norton jr? We known he's shit for 3 years but he is still on the team! Reggie has had one winning year out of six. This shitball keeps rolling. I'm checking out for this year. Damn we were close for a minute.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees
Highscores: 0

Re: Super Bowl caliber team? Embarrassed at home? Al Davis

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:30 pm

Actually, in the OLD Al days we were winning Super Bowls. And even in his last season alive we were 8-8.

And we look about like an 8-8 team right now.

So Reggie came in here and tanked for 3 straight years. Had 3 straight top-5 draft picks. And this is what we have just one season removed from a 12-4 “how can one team have THAT much luck?” Season.

Now we see that our defense has gotten worse and so has our offense. Now we see that our OL isn’t actually the best in the league or even close to it, and that caving to Penn did absolutely nothing for us.

I’ll slam Reggie for a LOT of things, but Coop is not one of them. Cooper was the right pick for us. We just can’t -or won’t- get the ball to him. We should be regularly ripping the lid off defenses with him, taking shots downfield and scaring the shit out of DCs. But our offense seems to think he’s nothing but a decoy. If i’m Calling plays, every time I see Cooper drop a ball i’m Throwing right back to him on the next play or two. You have to get the fucking guy reps. You can’t watch him drop one and then never throw to him again. That’s not how this works.

There are many reasons we’re not a good team this year

The OL has shit the bed, for whatever fucking reason. And let’s not forget, they were never a good running OL to begin with.

Either our playbook is nothing but west coast short passes or our OC is too stupid to figure out how to spread out an opposing D.

Reggie makes dumb fucking decisions all the fucking time. And in this case, he made the conscious decision to completely ignore multiple positions of dire need, primarily on D. We’ve talked about the DTs, old man Nelson at FS, both of ur starting CBs being average, not to mention MLB has been atrocious for us ever since Reggie took over. And the bottom line is that there have been a SHITLOAD of elite to very good players available at all those fucking positions in the last couple of offseason. AND we have had fucking TON of cap space to get the job done.

So what does that last thing tell you guys? It tells you that the whole “Al left Reggie in cap he’ll” excuse is total bullshit. Because Reggie can’t get the fucking job done even when he has $50M in cap space. He is shit. Period. And here’s a fucking guy who was voted best exec or some bullshit last season. He has everyone fucking snowed.

Unbelievable.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:44 pm

BOTH A’Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed were available when we picked Jihad Ward. Someone justify that one for me.

And I don’t even want to talk about who we left on the board with the Conley pick. It would make me puke.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Not ONe of the guys Reggie drafted in 2013is still on this team. That’s right. We had the #3 overall pick in the draft and Reggie whiffed on EVERYTHING.

Hayden, Watson, Sio Moore, Tyler Wilson, Nick Kasa...

Total miss.

If Reggie had hit on even a couple of those picks we’d be in a different position right now. You can’t completely fuck up an entire draft like that when you’re rebuilding.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:13 pm

That is true. We needed a WR & it was either Coop or Kevin White so I agree Reggie doesn't deserve blame for that but everything else is on Reggie. We were lucky! Last year was all luck we were never a 12-4 team.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum