We waive 3 to make room for our remaining picks

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

We waive 3 to make room for our remaining picks

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Neiron Ball is gone. Finally.

Condo's job is safe.

Some LB I never heard of is gone.

Gotta lock that S in before training camp. I expect big things.

The other two... eh.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: We waive 3 to make room for our remaining picks

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:40 pm

Question for the season will our bottom five in the league defense get better this year and somehow get into the top half of the league in points against yardage and QB sacks.....season deep in the playoffs aspirations hinges on that fact alone aside from injuries etc

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah. I'm terrified that we're relying on Marquel Lee in the middle, and behind him the best we have is Corey James?!? That's a recipe for disaster. I just can't believe we did nothing about MLB in FA, then waited til Round 5 to pick one. In classic Reggie McKenzie style, there was NO fucking reason to let Perry Riley walk away. Heeney was the man to ditch.

Looking at OLB, beyond Irvin, I don't like that situation either. I don't trust Jelani Jenkins to hold that spot down. He'll doubtless be the guy who comes out in the nickel, which we use a ton of. Dude has gotten hurt a lot, and he's NO threat as a pass rusher. Plus he disappeared when they started him in the playoffs last season. Behind him we have Calhoun (I really liked that we picked him, but last season he was a dud) and who the fuck else? James Cowser?? Because I've got news. I don't think they're ever going to let Aldon back in the league. And even if they do, it won't be in 2017. I can't even count the number of chances he's been given. Commish HAS to knock this kid down in the dirt at this point. Aldon really gave him no choice.

I could also talk some shit about the DTs. We are 100% reliant on Ellis/Latham/Vanderdoes. And fucking Ellis was benched last year in favor of Latham, and NOW we're ok with him starting again? I suppose Vanderdoes could start but he shouldn't HAVE to.

I'll wait to judge the DE unit until we find out if Mario is actually going to play at 100%

I don't have any serious problems w our DBs. I like our starters, Sean Smith included. And I like a couple of our backups, assuming Conley can stay out of jail and not get suspended. And I LOVE the fact that Obi gets to learn from Reggie Nelson. That's a great thing to be able to afford.

I just don't see a ton of improvement on our D, guys, and Freddie is 100% right. That's what's going to decide if we can take the next step. That and Carr's health.

So I think we're ok in 3 of the 6 defensive units. DE, CB, S.

And we have big issues at MLB, OLB and DT. IF Jenkins and Vanderdoes come in and ball out and stay healthy, we can be a top-15 defense. BIG fucking IF. SO I expect to see Mack getting fucking mauled early and often because the vast majority of our opponents will be ok with blocking our DTs one-on-one.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:20 am

Reggie is obviously modeling us after his old team he worked under Ron Wolf and the Packers...franchise QB top offense but never a dominating defense...don't like it because defense wins championships in this league.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Agreed. I think w our additions we could actually have a top-3 offense.

And a bottom-10 defense.

The bottom line is this: if the D is going to improve it's all up to the rooks to get it done. And that ain't a place anyone wants to be.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby 790thSFS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 am

I'll take a packers offense, they won Superbowls

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs