Gil Brandt's worst fucking "all-time players" list

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Gil Brandt's worst fucking "all-time players" list

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 am

This TE list is total horseshit. Shannon Sharpe listed WAY too low. He could arguably be #1 on this list.

Todd Christensen not on the list. 2-time SB champion, 5-time pro bowler, 2-time all-pro. That dude's catch % HAD to be in the 80s. Hands made of fly paper. The most ridiculous catch radius I've ever seen in any kind of receiver.

Career receiving stats weren't the greatest, but better than #3 John Mackey's.

Christensen had over 1200 yds and 12 TDs for us in '83 - he was a HUGE part of that SB-winning season. In terms of blocking, he was one of the reasons Marcus was able to take that SB over and stuff it down Theisman and Riggins' throats. What a complete and utter slaughter that game was.

THAT was the season that made me a football fan in general and a Raiders fan for life. 13 years old and living in a state with no NFL team. watching Christensen play was awe-inspiring to me.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30000 ... f-all-time

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Gil Brandt's worst fucking "all-time players" list

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 am

Christensen was a better TE than his contemporary, Winslow, who Brandt lists at #2 all-time.

It's criminal he's not in the Hall. Never got the credit he was due. I'd be hard-pressed to decide if I'd go with Casper or Christensen if both were in their prime.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Re: Gil Brandt's worst fucking "all-time players" list

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:05 pm

NFL media that votes in for the Hall are a fuckin joke!!!! Todd's problem was he was slow and was a running back coming up and he was white. He was one of the most dominant offensive players in the NFL for about 5 years in the mid 80's... Ran good routes and had great hands and moved the chains.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum