Jared Cook signed

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Jared Cook signed

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 am

Don't know the cap hit but he is a quality tight end receiver down the field with good hands...sorely needed weapon for Carr. Don't know about his blocking but we've needed a possession tight end for a long time. Aaron Rodgers really utilized Cook as Carr will. Reggie now get me a running back, dee tackle, middle linebacker and corner I'll be happy.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Re: Jared Cook signed

Postby piratepride » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 am

Love this signing!!!!! Proven good TE that Rodgers pounced the table for after the season. Better QB play elevated his game...Crabtree anyone lol. I don't think we'll skip a beat with him learning the playback at all. I'm on record saying I didn't think Bennett was Raider material.. but love this signing.
Now we have the freedom of letting the draft fall to us...
Maybe go best defensive player available? Maybe reach and go Jarrell Peppers ( guy who sits next to me at work huge Michigan fan) hoping his lions draft him. We could be set at both safety sorts for the next decade barring anything stupid.
Or maybe we draft whichever top 3 WR falls ? Crabtree in a make or break year IMO, he could get lazy and fall off, or be hungry like his 1st year hear trying to win the big one. May be smart to stay one step ahead or draft a guy like Ross to play the slot, faster version of djax.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:02 am

I like the signing too. But WTF are we doing on defense?? Poe and now Brown we don't get either? Can we get Chris long? Fucking anybody that can rush thefuckinh passer I don't want a repeat of last year.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby 790thSFS » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31 am

Another grand slam for Reggie!

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 am

I'd say more of a double than a grand slam. Teams are gonna hit grand slams against our defense

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 am

Better than what we had, but it doesn't scream championship. None of our signings have.

This ain't last year's offseason, folks. So the draft better be MUCH better than last year's. It's time to make some moves. Trade up and get a couple studs instead of a handful of mediocrity.

That's how a wildcard team that didn't make it past the first round in the playoffs becomes a division winner that makes it to the AFCC game.

I haven't studied up on the draft like I did last year because things have been crazy, but we need a couple of instant difference-makers. They're in there somewhere. Let Jack go get 'em.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:31 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Better than what we had, but it doesn't scream championship. None of our signings have.

This ain't last year's offseason, folks. So the draft better be MUCH better than last year's. It's time to make some moves. Trade up and get a couple studs instead of a handful of mediocrity.

That's how a wildcard team that didn't make it past the first round in the playoffs becomes a division winner that makes it to the AFCC game.

I haven't studied up on the draft like I did last year because things have been crazy, but we need a couple of instant difference-makers. They're in there somewhere. Let Jack go get 'em.

You had us at 7-9 or 8-8 last year so anything you say doesn't have any credibility brah. If Carr didn't go down we would have been 13-3 and most likely in the AFC championship or at least a bye week home game. A far cry from your doom and gloom nonsense. Reggie has more brains than you and that's saying a lot you fuckin wanna be. If Carr utilizes Jared Cook the way Rodgers did that's a huge pick up for the offense. The defense is the problem bandwagon boy.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum