Report: Bears hire Marc Trestman as head coach

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 16, 2013, 2:02 AM EST

Reuters
The Chicago Bears search for their next head coach has apparently come to a conclusion.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears will hire Montreal Alouettes head coach Marc Trestman as their next head coach.

Trestman was selected over Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

Trestman has served as the Alouettes head coach since 2008 and led Montreal to three Grey Cup appearances and two titles in five seasons.

So, Trestman is gone and Turner apparently will be going to the Browns - as if this is not bad enough, it seems Martz will be getting a 2nd interview in Oakland. Unbelievable, but on the positive side, it will be hard for him to do worse than the previous OC.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Report: Bears hire Marc Trestman as head coach

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:38 am

Tenebrous wrote:So, Trestman is gone and Turner apparently will be going to the Browns - as if this is not bad enough, it seems Martz will be getting a 2nd interview in Oakland. Unbelievable, but on the positive side, it will be hard for him to do worse than the previous OC.
Come on man, at least Martz has had success SOMEWHERE. HUGE success at that.

It sucks that Trestman is off the market, but I had a feeling he wasn't looking to be a coordinator. We should have been interviewing for the fucking HC position. He'll do really well in CHI.

Gotta be Martz or Saunders at this point. Although I'm not sure how the hell we can ask either of those highly experienced guys to work under DA. God, what a joke Reggie has created!

If Reggie hires that fucking loser out of JAX I'm going to have a fucking apoplectic fit. I'm talking bleeding from the eyes kind of fit.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Re: Report: Bears hire Marc Trestman as head coach

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 am

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:So, Trestman is gone and Turner apparently will be going to the Browns - as if this is not bad enough, it seems Martz will be getting a 2nd interview in Oakland. Unbelievable, but on the positive side, it will be hard for him to do worse than the previous OC.
Come on man, at least Martz has had success SOMEWHERE. HUGE success at that.

It sucks that Trestman is off the market, but I had a feeling he wasn't looking to be a coordinator. We should have been interviewing for the fucking HC position. He'll do really well in CHI.

Gotta be Martz or Saunders at this point. Although I'm not sure how the hell we can ask either of those highly experienced guys to work under DA. God, what a joke Reggie has created!

If Reggie hires that fucking loser out of JAX I'm going to have a fucking apoplectic fit. I'm talking bleeding from the eyes kind of fit.

I agree to an extent, Martz is better than what Oakland had last year, but would rather have Saunders - yeah, that's exactly right RM created a huge problem when he fired Jackson & hired DA. Who will want to work for a HC that did not put in his time? He was unproven; a first year DC under a defensive coach no less. Meanwhile, the Raiders want someone with a proven history of success as OC?! What a mess.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum