Crabtree (jokingly) takes a swing at Carr

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Crabtree (jokingly) takes a swing at Carr

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Raiders quarterback Derek Carr already has a strong relationship with new receivers Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree. When it comes to Crabtree specifically, Carr said the two like to joke around and have fun with each other.

Wednesday, Crabtree was goofing off with Carr and pretended to punch his quarterback in the face. That, of course, was in reference to Jets quarterback Geno Smith being punched by now-former teammate Ikemefuna Enemkpali on Tuesday, news that obviously circulated throughout other NFL locker rooms.

But after Carr explained Crabtree's antics Wednesday, he got serious for a moment to talk about Smith, who is out 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw.

"It's unfortunate because Geno, I know he works very had at what he's doing," Carr said during a post-practice press conference. "So anytime there's an injury, let alone the circumstance, I just feel for him. I pray for a speedy recover for him so he can get back out there and compete because he just seems like the type of guy who wants to be out there competing."

RELATED: Oakland Raiders' LT Donald Penn: Derek Carr is a leader

Fortunately for Carr, Crabtree's faux punch Wednesday is about the closest he'll ever come to being hit by one of his teammates.

Head coach Jack Del Rio said he's seen his fair share of fights, but nothing quite like what happened in New York. And after about six months in Oakland, he doesn't see anything like that every playing out in the Raiders locker room.

"I just cant imagine anybody feeling that way toward Derek, so it's just a shocking thing to see from afar," Del Rio said.

And if anybody were to come at Carr the way Enemkpali went at Smith, they would have hell to pay, courtesy of 6-foot-4, 315-pound left tackle Donald Penn.

"That would never happen here," Penn said, via Tim Kawakami of the Mercury News. "If somebody did that to Carr, they'd have to see me next. And then probably the rest of the O-line. That would never happen here.
"

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum