Huff DHB Tollefson CUT

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Huff DHB Tollefson CUT

Postby snakebuck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 am

Guys, don't expect anything good from this team this year. We have nothing that says we can even win a game. We're rebuilding.

DeadRinger: I admit that I have no idea who the three guys we just picked up are. All I know is, Kelly and McClain and some others are shit players. We simply just can't keep playing them year after year knowing that they suck. So yeah, we don't know much about the new guys, but I'm willing to see what they can do for much cheaper price.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro
Highscores: 0

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 am

snakebuck wrote:Guys, don't expect anything good from this team this year. We have nothing that says we can even win a game. We're rebuilding.

DeadRinger: I admit that I have no idea who the three guys we just picked up are. All I know is, Kelly and McClain and some others are shit players. We simply just can't keep playing them year after year knowing that they suck. So yeah, we don't know much about the new guys, but I'm willing to see what they can do for much cheaper price.

Rebuilding? So far, all I have seen from RM is utter destruction - when will there be any 'building'? Bah, more likely it seems RM would rather lose than win with a team he did not build.

In short, RM's approach seems to be like administering full chemotherapy for a broken bone - which is to say he is destroying what doesn't need to be destroyed for the sake of destroying it while ignoring the problem (notice that Jackson was fired after just one season when the team went 8-8 with ridiculous injuries to key players and yet DA is still the HC even after going 4-12 and hiring Knapp who clearly did not fit the team).

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby snakebuck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:18 am

What do you think "rebuilding" is? You need to get rid of crap and starting filling in the holes with good football players. Just like if you need to rebuild your house, you tear it down and start from scratch. This is what Reggie is doing. It's painful, I get it, but look at the big picture. It'll be okay.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 am

Blazin I agree.

But the fact is that Reggie may have to wait until day 5 or so of FA, when players are starting to get desperate, just to get someone to sign. All because of the train wreck HE created.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 am

snakebuck wrote:Guys, don't expect anything good from this team this year. We have nothing that says we can even win a game. We're rebuilding.

Oh I get it now.

Kelly and McClain are shit players (your OPINIION), so we go out and cut Wimbley, Routt, Boss, DHB, Murphy and Huff (I'm intentionally keeping this list short because I just don't have the time), let the likes of Bush, Wheeler and Myers walk, void Seymour's contract....

What's next? Kelly and McClain are SO bad we need to cut Palmer?

Look, Kelly's a solid damn DT. McClain's not the best at his job but he's a damn sight better than the guy standing behind him.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 am

snakebuck wrote:What do you think "rebuilding" is? You need to get rid of crap and starting filling in the holes with good football players. Just like if you need to rebuild your house, you tear it down and start from scratch. This is what Reggie is doing. It's painful, I get it, but look at the big picture. It'll be okay.
So, taking you line of logic, flawed as it may be, to the next obvious issue, WHERE exactly are these "good football players"?

And if Reggie is rebuilding from the ground up, WHY are Palmer and DMC still on the team?

And WHY didn't he just pull off the Band-Aid last offseason and ditch everyone then? Why waste and entire season?

Sorry Snake, none of this makes any sense.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 am

And BTW, I don't think you need to worry at all about Ten and me "expecting anything good" in 2013. Or 2014 for that matter.

That ship sailed long ago. We recognize a death spiral when we see one.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby blazin1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 am

DeadRinger wrote:And if Reggie is rebuilding from the ground up, WHY are Palmer and DMC still on the team?

Don't speak so soon DR. I have a sinking feeling their days in Oakland are numbered.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby snakebuck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 am

It ain't over yet my friend. Palmer and DMC could very well be on their way out too. Possibly trading them, who knows what Reggie's plans are. I'm just waiting here and see what happens because I can't let it raise my blood pressure. I'm already on blood pressure pills because I get stressed out and angry too easily. But, I absolutely understand your feelings on this. We all love the Raiders and want them back to dominate the league again.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:08 pm

snakebuck wrote:What do you think "rebuilding" is? You need to get rid of crap and starting filling in the holes with good football players. Just like if you need to rebuild your house, you tear it down and start from scratch. This is what Reggie is doing. It's painful, I get it, but look at the big picture. It'll be okay.

In other words, you would treat a broken bone with chemotherapy or, using your analogy, destroy a house because the house needs painting, a closet needs to be repaired, or the roof needs fixing. This irrational heavy-handed approach makes no sense unless losing is preferable to winning with someone else's players.

Last edited by Tenebrous on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum