Nick Foles

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Nick Foles

Postby R8ers4evr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm

ok ok i HATE the people that post about every free agent and say we should sign them!!!

so im gonna be a hypocrite... but i think we should call up the eagles and offer pryor and a 4/5th round pick for foles....

i think chip kelly would be very intrigued with pryor in his offense... and i think dennis allen and reggie mckenzie have no desire to get into the offenses that have rg3/r.wilson/kaepernick. i also think chip kelly over played his hand in dealing foles to KC/reid by asking for a 1st/2nd round pick...

offer pryor and a 5th or if they say 4th and pryor. id still do it. im from the philly area as ive said numerous times. the dude showed a ton of promise last year... yes i know that people are nervous about eagles qb's after seeing mcnabb flop and kolb flop... but i was one petitioning AGAINST mcnabb... and i never thought kolb showed enough. he played 2 games and had 300 yard passing games...

whereas foles only played half a season, BUT he did it without half their starting wr's. without lesean mccoy. with the defense constantly letting him down. and he actually had a very good arm. i think we should give chip kelly a call and see what will get it done??

if hes not into the idea of pryor... i wouldnt be against this years 3rd and next years 3rd. i honestly think foles looked VERY good. he led the eagles to near comebacks, and also made a comeback against i think it was the bucs. final second score. hes big, tall. pocket passer. i truly think he could be something. (plus id absolutely love for foles to come here, turn out to be a top 10 qb, id wear his oakland jersey all over philly as chip kelly's offense doesnt work in the NFL and hes canned)

Im a thinker. Im always right. Im all that matters. Then i woke up and realized im not a girl.

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Nick Foles

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39 pm

That would be a huge upgrade at 2nd string QB IMO. Could even be a legit guy for the future.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Then again, I thought Kolb was going to be another Schaub too. Schaub i called right, Kolb i called wrong. So really, wtf do I know?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby R8ers4evr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:43 pm

im there with you... i wouldnt even mind seeing him start this year... or if palmer takes a steep pay cut, start palmer and have him learn from palmer for a year or 2 (that way he doesnt just see vick last year and think thas how a starter should prepare)... and i think he'd be our qb of the future.

Im a thinker. Im always right. Im all that matters. Then i woke up and realized im not a girl.

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Pridenpoise » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 pm

I think before we get rid of Pryor we need to see what he's capable of, I wasn't that impressed with foles he was alright but I would rather hold on to the more athletic guy and give him a shot to play a couple games before we write him off completely, especially if Carson is going to be here for at least another season. Just my opinion and I have been wrong before

Pridenpoise
Rookie
Rookie

Postby blancanieve » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Pridenpoise wrote:I think before we get rid of Pryor we need to see what he's capable of, I wasn't that impressed with foles he was alright but I would rather hold on to the more athletic guy and give him a shot to play a couple games before we write him off completely, especially if Carson is going to be here for at least another season. Just my opinion and I have been wrong before

I agree

blancanieve
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:20 am

Pridenpoise wrote:I think before we get rid of Pryor we need to see what he's capable of, I wasn't that impressed with foles he was alright but I would rather hold on to the more athletic guy and give him a shot to play a couple games before we write him off completely, especially if Carson is going to be here for at least another season. Just my opinion and I have been wrong before
Well you just don't know what Pryor's made of, and you can thank DA and Knapp for that. The stupid bastards refused to start him until the last game, and only then because Palmer was injured. So our new regime sent us into the offseason with more questions than answers about Pryor, while facing a huge decision on Palmer because his 2013 compensation is never going to happen as it's written now.

There are millions of dollars and the fate of many seasons riding on this. And Dennis "in-way-over-my-head" Allen punted on it. THAT is what you call a massive mistake. Just one of several he made, the worst of which was hiring Knapp.

All that said, I've laid out my analysis of what I though about Pryor in his only start. I don't like what I saw. I just didn't see anything from him that opened my eyes wide and made me say "wow, this dude has it." Because he was playing sandlot football out there.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum