Oakland Raiders Talking With Mike Holmgren

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Oakland Raiders Talking With Mike Holmgren

Postby blazin1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

The Oakland Raiders have been talking to former Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren about a leadership position within the organization, according to two sources.

Holmgren would be a natural candidate because of his relationship with current Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie. Both worked for the Packers.

For several months, the Raiders have been looking at potential new leaders for the team. They have been talking to Ray Anderson, the NFL's senior vice president of football operations.

According to a source, Holmgren has visited the Raiders to talk about the position. Currently, he is on vacation in Europe.

There is no timetable for the Raiders to find a top front office executive.

Part of the job would be to lead the quest for a new stadium. Holmgren ran the Cleveland Browns until an ownership change led to his release from the team at the end of the season.

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8992464/mike-holmgren-discusses-leadership-position-oakland-raiders-according-sources

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Oakland Raiders Talking With Mike Holmgren

Postby RF34 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Keep him away from the draft war room and I'm in. Unless he is eventually taking over as HC, I don't want him getting anywhere near making personnel decisions. Maybe he's the firepower we need to get the stadium issue moving. Looks like Mark might be breaking up with Amy...

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP
Highscores: 0

Raiders, Mike Holmgren in talks about possible position

Postby blazin1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 pm

The Oakland Raiders are talking to former Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren about a prominent leadership role in the organization, reports NFL.com.

Holmgren, the former Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks coach, is being looked at to fill a spot on the football side.

“As a general policy, the Raiders don’t comment on personnel matters, so the team isn’t able to confirm or deny the report. If the organization has more to say in the future, I will let you know,” the Raiders said in a statement to NFL.com.

Still in the running is former Madison Square Garden president Scott O’Neil. If the Raiders do go through with creating an executive position on the business side, O’Neil or whomever filled the role would be working with CEO Amy Trask. The team’s stadium issue — its lease at the o.co Coliseum expires after next year — is hovering over everything on the business side of the club.

LINK: http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/27/raiders-looking-at-holmgren-for-front-office-position/

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby bigboy3333 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 pm

RF34 wrote:Keep him away from the draft war room and I'm in. Unless he is eventually taking over as HC, I don't want him getting anywhere near making personnel decisions. Maybe he's the firepower we need to get the stadium issue moving. Looks like Mark might be breaking up with Amy...

Holmgren, did say he would like to coach again>>>>>look out DA?

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby flicktime » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 pm

I love this idea! People are freaking out because they think this might be a head coaching change for the future lol that isnt happening. They are just uniting themselves with very wise football men that can keep molding this team and their identity (perhaps new building).

flicktime
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Sign the man already.

Ghost
Rookie
Rookie
Highscores: 9

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 am

This is the only guy who has ever been able to get the Seahags to the Super Bowl. The Browns didn't do shit under him but honestly I don't even know exactly what his role was with them so I can't judge.

Holmgren turns teams into winners. And look at all the strong coaches he has spawned (including Gruden).

This would be importing success, which is how I know it'll never happen.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby snakebuck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 am

I would love to have Holmgren join the Raiders. He's a smart guy and knows how to win. I say demote Dennis Allen and make Holmgren the coach.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Pridenpoise » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 am

I like the idea of adding holmgren especially if its to help get these guys a new stadium built. the raiders are long overdue for a new home, although I do have to agree with bigboy keep him away from the draft room,and for those that point out his time in Cleveland lets face it nobody has had any success trying to turn that franchise around.I say we give him a shot.

Pridenpoise
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum