Could the Fan Base Buy and Save the Raiders? (PLEASE READ)

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Could the Fan Base Buy and Save the Raiders? (PLEASE READ)

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm

So I know this will sound crazy and stupid. However, I am wondering if something like this is possible?

The Green Bay Packers are owned by the city and the fans, correct? Is this possible with the Raiders? How could we, the fans, get something like that started? Is anyone here involved in Sports Franchises in anyway, or investment banking that could lend some advice?

Just thinking out loud, could the fan base with perhaps the city buy the team? If the thousands of people in the city and across the world contribute some money, each for a small share of ownership and profits, we could raise more than enough I bet to make Mark Davis an offer. We could make a petition to the city too, I mean it would come up for vote, but which respectful real Raiders fan would say No? The economy is improving and I believe many millions of people would contribute a $100 each. I would personally be willing to contribute $10K to buy $10K worth of shares. Then the petition committee could set up an executive board and run this team like a business...appoint real GM and coaches.

Basically, I am saying we turn this into a corporation. The NFL would love it too to get rid of the Davis family. Also, if the fan base is involved, we could put a tremendous amount of pressure on Mark Davis to sell us the franchise. Mark is NOT Al, I bet he doesn't give a shit if he gets paid.

Just thinking out of the box brothers. I know this sounds like a pipe dream, but I think we would get a tremendous amount of support from the media, the fans, and even the NFL. Let's try and discuss this...let's start with this, I would like to know if you guys on this board would even be interested in something like this. Would you be?

If I see you guys are interested, I think that would give me confidence as a business man to try and pursue this. If you guys were serious, we could take baby steps and see where we get to...what does the Raider Nation think?

I personally volunteer my time and energy to try and make this happen...hell the committee could even start with members of this board and we could expand through the Internet, etc. Alone, I do not have the funds to this, but together with the rest of the Raider Nation, we are Multi-Billionaires.

I am serious guys. Tell me your honest thoughts...hey I am also willing to hear that it is impossible and I am a moron, but I truly do want your feedback, positive and negative.

Dream Big???

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Re: Could the Fan Base Buy and Save the Raiders? (PLEASE REA

Postby 790thSFS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm in, get the dumb ass davis family out of here! doubt it can happen with the limited partnership shit. the NFL should step in though

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Sounds good but Oakland is just to much of a ghetto for it to happen. But then again anything's possible, unfortunately this franchise is headed for extinction. Maybe a petition or something might get you in the door to at least get some national attention to show that this franchise will never survive if it stays in this 13 year mess.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

So you guys are saying you would be willing to contribute somewhere between a $100 and a $1000 for an equivalent % share?

Guys, I think it is more possible than anyone thinks. We would heavy backers too, I bet we would get a few people who would contribute millions too. The world is changing brothers, social media and the Internet is impactful to how/where decisions get made. This thing could take off like hell if we do it honestly and correctly. We could even hire a lawyer or too to collect and hold the money.

All it takes is the fans to say we've had enough, and by God, mean it! I for one am done with this shit. I get several people on this thread to claim they are interested, I can begin talking to some people. We should begin with a conference call between some 10 to 15 people on this board and appoint some leaders among us to make this happen.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby snakebuck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:41 am

City of Oakland is too Ghetto for us to run the team. Not going to happen. We just need an experienced GM to run the team, not someone who's never been a GM like Reggie.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby bigboy3333 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:30 am

it's never going to happen dude, we just need Mark Davis to sell..where the new owner will hire a real gm & coach.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:So you guys are saying you would be willing to contribute somewhere between a $100 and a $1000 for an equivalent % share?

Guys, I think it is more possible than anyone thinks. We would heavy backers too, I bet we would get a few people who would contribute millions too. The world is changing brothers, social media and the Internet is impactful to how/where decisions get made. This thing could take off like hell if we do it honestly and correctly. We could even hire a lawyer or too to collect and hold the money.

All it takes is the fans to say we've had enough, and by God, mean it! I for one am done with this shit. I get several people on this thread to claim they are interested, I can begin talking to some people. We should begin with a conference call between some 10 to 15 people on this board and appoint some leaders among us to make this happen.

One cannot force someone to sell their property via 'tweets' or 'likes'. That kind of pressure may have limited use in politics, where politicians want votes, but I have yet to see social media force someone to sell something they do not want sell.

Also, I am not sure what a lawyer can do here - argue that Mark Davis doesn't know enough about football to own a team?! The man could know absolutely nothing about football and still be a lawful owner of a team - so such an argument is irrelevant. You want to argue that Mark Davis did not hire the right people to run his team?! That's like arguing you want take someone's house from them because you do not like the way they decorated their home. Again, the argument fails. You want to use eminent domain and have the government take over his business?! First, that is morally and ethically wrong and, second, eminent domain has only applied to property, not to someone's business.

As a fan, I understand the pain and frustration, but do not see the point. What you may do, if you have deep enough pockets, is simply make Mr. Davis an offer. However, that too is likely to fail, unless you have so much money that you can make him an offer he cannot refuse - minus a horse's head of course.

By the way, a lawyer will likely just put the money in escrow at a bank.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby chudezee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Knock it off...LOL Just nonsense

chudezee
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SoulPatrol » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 am

Tenebrous wrote:
SoulPatrol wrote:So you guys are saying you would be willing to contribute somewhere between a $100 and a $1000 for an equivalent % share?

One cannot force someone to sell their property via 'tweets' or 'likes'. That kind of pressure may have limited use in politics, where politicians want votes, but I have yet to see social media force someone to sell something they do not want sell.

Also, I am not sure what a lawyer can do here - argue that Mark Davis doesn't know enough about football to own a team?! The man could know absolutely nothing about football and still be a lawful owner of a team - so such an argument is irrelevant. You want to argue that Mark Davis did not hire the right people to run his team?! That's like arguing you want take someone's house from them because you do not like the way they decorated their home. Again, the argument fails. You want to use eminent domain and have the government take over his business?! First, that is morally and ethically wrong and, second, eminent domain has only applied to property, not to someone's business.

As a fan, I understand the pain and frustration, but do not see the point. What you may do, if you have deep enough pockets, is simply make Mr. Davis an offer. However, that too is likely to fail, unless you have so much money that you can make him an offer he cannot refuse - minus a horse's head of course.

By the way, a lawyer will likely just put the money in escrow at a bank.

Nah dude...come one, the lawyer was if I needed to start writing up the petition. I'm not that crazy! I also believe you missed the point, pressure is for encouragement, not force. With a combined sum of money I believe Mark Davis would sell. As I wrote in my post, he is not crazy Al.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby silver & black » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 am

A team can't be owned by a city/citizdns of said city. Green Bay is the only team in the NFL that will ever be owned the way it is.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum