Please explain.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Please explain.

Postby SoulPatrol » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:
RAIDERS wrote:I don't get it! Bridgewater put up better numbers than Andrew Luck did in college. Why is Luck considered to be "so polished"? I say go with Bridgewater. His numbers are good and plays well against teams with good passing defense's.

Teddy's actually considered about as polished as Luck was coming out. The sole knock on him is strength of schedule, he didn't play against as many ranked teams.

As an example, in his final season Luck played against 5 ranked teams and was 3-2 against them. This year Teddy only played against 1 ranked team, and lost.

As a result in his final 2 seasons Luck's Stanford teams were ranked in the top 5. This year Louisville wound up ranked 18 or thereabouts.

Yeah, that is the biggest knock on him. However, there is also a small question as to his size. He may be slightly undersized compared to the prototypical QB. In either case, I am Bridgewater-ed out for the moment. If he's there at 5, maybe - but, I still would rather the Raiders not give up any picks to move up to get him and, with so many wholes on the team, it may be better for the Raiders to take someone else. Of course, this all depends on who is available at the time. That's it on this subject for now.

Exactly bro, I think that is all I am saying too. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me to trade up. I think if he was there at #5 then sure, but trading the farm away (and it would take the farm) for a smaller school QB with some question marks is just not right. Not to me anyways. Well, what does it even matter...we both know we are probably going to draft an English badminton player anyways...I mean a real one, maybe even from England and shit.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Postby silver & black » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:12 am

It's All About The QB
The notion that Matt McGloin or Terrelle Pryor is going to take us to the promised land is laughable. Stop kidding yourself. I know it's been a while since we've seen an elite player in Oakland. But that's no excuse for kidding ourselves.

We need to find a franchise quarterback, sooner rather than later.

Look at who's left in the NFL Playoffs: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson and Newton. It's not a coincidence.

http://www.raidertake.com/

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Tenebrous » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:14 am

silver & black wrote:
It's All About The QB
The notion that Matt McGloin or Terrelle Pryor is going to take us to the promised land is laughable. Stop kidding yourself. I know it's been a while since we've seen an elite player in Oakland. But that's no excuse for kidding ourselves.

We need to find a franchise quarterback, sooner rather than later.

Look at who's left in the NFL Playoffs: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson and Newton. It's not a coincidence.

http://www.raidertake.com/

Interesting, in a schizophrenic kind of way.

First, the author drew a logical comparison between the Colts, the year before Luck, and this year's Raider team. Further, he even correctly identified one huge difference between the two situations - no obvious franchise QB in this year's draft. So far, he seems to have laid the groundwork for a common-sense approach - don't waste picks trying to chase what isn't there. However, he suddenly decided to jump off the deep end in the opposite direction by suggesting just that - waste picks trying to find a franchise QB in a draft that is admittedly deficient of franchise QB's because, hey, why not gamble? Why not gamble? Seriously, why not gamble?

Two back-to-back 4-12 seasons and no winning seasons since Gruden over a decade ago. That's why.

Enough, no more chasing shadows - and because of RM's purge, no need to. The Raiders have enough holes that whoever they draft will fill a need. So, why gamble? Better to take the best available player. Then, if, and only if, a notable QB drops later in the draft, then sure draft him for value, but do not take unnecessary chances.

Desperation breeds insanity and many Raider fans are desperate, but foolishly gambling will only make the road to failure broader.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:28 am

I tend to agree with you on this. I honestly don't think there is a real franchise QB in this draft. I'd rather stick with what we have and shore up both lines.

How much you wanna bet that we will see Josh Freeman in silver and black next year?

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Tenebrous » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:34 am

Josh Freeman - meh, would rather see if McGloin can mature as a QB and do better with an improved team. Heck, would rather give Pryor another shot. However, that was not the question - so, yeah in answer to your question, I can see RM going after Freeman too, though I cannot state that I am excited by such a move.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum