Texans are open to trading the first overall pick

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Texans are open to trading the first overall pick

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Tenebrous wrote:It's neither done nor closed and your self-proclaimed "proof points" obviously lack depth.

You know what tene? Fuck you. Go to hell. Show me one SINGLE thing you've said in this argument that has any depth you fucking hypocrite.

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby SoulPatrol » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:16 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:It's neither done nor closed and your self-proclaimed "proof points" obviously lack depth. Soul is correct - lack of quality opponents is a huge concern when trying to grade his college performance. You can pretend like that doesn't matter, but it does matter whether you like it or not.

I've given you plenty of depth. Soul is being a fucking idiot, and so are you. It is most certainly fucking closed. You are ludicrous. Please stop this abject dumbfuckery before I have to completely ditch my respect for you.

Oh I'm being an idiot? Funny how dickheads like you always are ready to declare everyone else an idiot when you are full of shit and lose an argument. Non of those QBs you mentioned Rothlisberger, Steve Young, Kapernick, Rich Gannon, Aaron Rodgers, Steve McNair were drafted number 1 overall dickhead, or are you too dumb to recognize that, that was my only argument? Ding ding ding, yep, I think you are too dumb. Didn't I say in many posts that I am not saying Bridgewater will be a bust? I was saying he is not worth drafting #1 overall, and certainly not for us to trade up and get him. Simply put the risk doesn't justify the reward. You have no argument whatsoever against the facts I have provided of #1 overall QBs...everything else is just your man crush on Bridgewater. I never anywhere, ever said that you can't draft a QB at all. If you are not too stupid to read, then you should read the thread, it is about trading up and drafting Bridgewater #1 overall. If I'm an idiot, then you're a retard.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 pm

This franchise hasn't developed a top flight winning QB through the Draft since Stabler 40 years ago!! What makes anyone think they can do it now with how inept it's been for so long. Bridgwater would look like a poor mans Geno Smith with how this franchise looks. Plunkett, Schroeder, Hostetler and Gannon were all AD pick ups late in their careers. Marc Wilson drafted by AD in 1980 was a waste as he never fulfilled his hype through the 80's. The official decline of the Raiders was in the mid 80's when they didn't land Elway or Marino who lifted their respective teams as the Raiders were stagnant for the most part during those years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Bridgewater at Louisville: 2-1 against ranked teams in his career, 3 years.

Roethlisberger at Miami Ohio: 2-2 vs ranked teams in 3 years.

Steve Young: BYU, 2-2 against ranked teams in 3 years.

Kaepernick at fucking Nevada - 0-3 against ranked teams in his last 2 seasons. NEVER beat a ranked team.

Rich Gannon went to fucking Delaware, and I can't even find stats on him there, that's how big that fucking school is.

Aaron Rodgers at Cal only played against 5 ranked teams, and went 2-3.

Steve McNair played at Alcorn State. Randall Cunningham at UNLV. Tony Romo at Eastern Illinois.

Oh, and by the way, take one fucking guess where Johnny Unitas played. That's right, LOUISVILLE!!

Then there's Jamarcus Russell, LSU. 8-3 against ranked teams in his last 2 seasons alone. Dominant.

Mark Sanchez dominated against ranked teams at USC.

And BTW, Tim Couch played at Kentucky in the fucking SEC you blithering MORON. I lost count of how many ranked teams he played. Jeff George went to Purdue and Illinois and played 10 games against ranked teams, including 4 in his final season. Testaverde played at Miami in their heyday, 15 games against ranked teams

Your ranked team argument means jack shit. It's fucking stupid and if you want to get in my face about it, you've picked the WRONG guy. You're only ignorant if you choose not to look under the hood. You haven't said a single thing of substance on this topic. You, sir, should do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.

Regarding drafting a franchise QB in the first round, I have proven for a FACT that first-round QBs pan out FAR more often than others. Search for that post if you dare.

This would be a FANTASTIC post if anyone was arguing that Bridgewater will undoubtedly fail in the NFL or that Bridgewater cannot succeed in the NFL - but, no one has made that argument!

This post is no way contradicts legitimate concerns about Bridgewater's lack of quality opponents in college, unless you want to make the argument that because some QB's succeeded in the NFL without playing quality opponents in college, therefor all QB's who do not play quality opponents will succeed in the NFL. Please tell me you are not making that argument. :shock:

Lol, upon closer inspection, even if your post addressed a relevant argument - which it does not - your post is still largely laughable. Aaron Rodgers played against only 5 ranked teams? Lol, he played in a more difficult conference to begin with! How many SuperBowls Championships do McNair, Cunningham, and Romo have and, again, did ANYONE make the argument that small school QB's CANNOT succeed at all in the NFL? Yes, Kentucky is in the SEC - but they are known for their BASKETBALL, not their football and they only have two wins this entire season - and you have the audacity to call someone else a MORON?! Russell and Sanchez both played on really good college teams - both had the benefit of generally being on the more talented team on Saturdays and that is exactly what some are concerned about with Bridgewater.

Smh, no matter how much you huff, no matter how much you puff, ignoring Bridgewater's lack of quality opponents in college is a concern.

Last edited by Tenebrous on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:44 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:It's neither done nor closed and your self-proclaimed "proof points" obviously lack depth.

You know what tene? Fuck you. Go to hell. Show me one SINGLE thing you've said in this argument that has any depth you fucking hypocrite.

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

I am starting to get real tired of your childish insults. You disagree - fine, but keep your insults to yourself. Yes, your "proof points" lack depth here - deal with it. Am I supposed to take your post addressing an argument that no one made seriously? Am I supposed to look at the man's stats and just ignore the fact that he rarely faced quality opponents in college? Am I supposed to believe that Bridgewater is the next Johnny f'n Unitas because they both played at Louisville?! Seriously, enough already.

You know what, one of us has to try and be an adult here and because we go way back over the years - even though you are DeadWrong (yes, pun obviously intended) here - I am going to back off. More than likely you are going to try and post something crazy to draw me back in, but I am going to take a break from you out of respect. Yes, respect - we have seen eye-to-eye on more issues over the years than we have disagreed on.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby SoulPatrol » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:39 am

FreddieB25 wrote:This franchise hasn't developed a top flight winning QB through the Draft since Stabler 40 years ago!! What makes anyone think they can do it now with how inept it's been for so long. Bridgwater would look like a poor mans Geno Smith with how this franchise looks. Plunkett, Schroeder, Hostetler and Gannon were all AD pick ups late in their careers. Marc Wilson drafted by AD in 1980 was a waste as he never fulfilled his hype through the 80's. The official decline of the Raiders was in the mid 80's when they didn't land Elway or Marino who lifted their respective teams as the Raiders were stagnant for the most part during those years.

Agreed. We are about as far away from being able to develop a QB as we are from winning the superbowl. We can barely get our own shit together and people are talking about trading up for unpolished QBs and developing them. Shit...I mean it wasn't till just last year we had digital projectors and a grass cutter guy. The year before that we probably didn't have running water in the facilities. Developing a QB for this team would be like going to the playoffs - mathematically it may be possible, but with Reggie, Denny, and Markie we ain't go not chance in HELL! Only players we should be drafting are self aware, self thinkers, who come ready with their own built in work ethic, study habits, and passion. If any of those things need to be taught, which it does for 90% of football players coming into the NFL, then they're destined for being a bust in Oakland. So in essence what I am saying is our draft pool is only 10% of most other team's draft pools. LOL!!! So we have to find a talented football player who falls into the 10%. The chances of our unheroic trio doing that are like an alien spaceship taking a poop in the middle of time square.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby 790thSFS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 am

Then sign a Vet QB and build around him. stop fucking with these clown qb's the raiders always draft! Tui, watlers, russell, etc.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 pm

RAIDERS wrote:Then sign a Vet QB and build around him. stop fucking with these clown qb's the raiders always draft! Tui, watlers, russell, etc.

Who do you want? Vick? Schaub? How do you build around guys like that? The only available guy I'd be willing to do that with was Cutler and he's off the market now.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 am

RAIDERS wrote:Then sign a Vet QB and build around him. stop fucking with these clown qb's the raiders always draft! Tui, watlers, russell, etc.

Unfortunately, we are fucked for now bro. I'm not even saying we shouldn't draft a QB, I just don't think we should trade up and get one, I think there are enough to go around this year. The truth is they way I feel I feel like whomever we draft will probably be a bust because we can't develop them. So I'm not sure what to do. Maybe if the Texans let Schaub go? I dunno, I'm just grasping at straws...maybe Schaub would be servicable for 2 years? Our best hope is that that we change coaches and ownership...maybe then someone around here will do something smart someday.

Dang...I just don't see the lights shining anytime soon, but agreed, we need to stop fucking around with these dungs. I am really hoping we get Johnny Manziel, I think he would be an instant upgrade and I think he is the kind of guy who will find a way to be good, even if his coaches suck...but who knows...like I said Raiders suck and I don't think we can get better anytime soon.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum