Texans are open to trading the first overall pick

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Texans are open to trading the first overall pick

Postby 790thSFS » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:20 pm

The raiders need to make that trade! Trade no. 5 and next years 1st for the no. 1 pick. Pick up a franchise for once! the AD days are over

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Texans are open to trading the first overall pick

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Trade the no 5 this year for no 1 this year and throw in Mc Fadden...we need a first round next year.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Tenebrous » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Just no - trade down or try and draft Watkins or someone else that is worthy of a top 5 pick.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby SoulPatrol » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 pm

RAIDERS wrote:The raiders need to make that trade! Trade no. 5 and next years 1st for the no. 1 pick. Pick up a franchise for once! the AD days are over

Funny how everyone is ready to declare every QB that is expected to be the Number 1 pick "franchise"...all before they've even played a single down in the NFL. There are so man question marks about Bridgewater it is like reading an AA leaflet, yet he is the "franchise". His team didn't even beat a ranked team this year and he is the "franchise". Everybody wants to trade away any prospects of the future and draft the damn "franchise". I am so sick of hearing that damn word!

Here is your "franchise" of #1 overall pick QBs
1. Fatmarcus Russell
2. Alex Smith
3. David Carr
4. Tim Couch
5. Michael Vick
6. Sam Bradford
7. Carson Palmer
8. Drew Beldsoe
9. Jeff George
10. Vinny Testeverde

On their best, best, best fucking day, not one of these idiots was better than average. What's worse is, the real duds on this list all played against inferior competition, except of course the biggest BUST in the history of the NFL - Fatmucus "Codine" Russell. Great, draft the damn franchise...who needs football anyways!

It is insanity to take a QB with the #1 overall pick unless they have literally NO question marks about them. Peyton, Luck, Elway, these guys were damned near perfect coming out of college...Bridgewater ain't even close to these guys.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 am

SoulPatrol wrote:
RAIDERS wrote:The raiders need to make that trade! Trade no. 5 and next years 1st for the no. 1 pick. Pick up a franchise for once! the AD days are over

Funny how everyone is ready to declare every QB that is expected to be the Number 1 pick "franchise"...all before they've even played a single down in the NFL. There are so man question marks about Bridgewater it is like reading an AA leaflet,

Really?? And what are those question marks? Playing against weak teams? What else?

They beat #3 ranked Florida in the Sugar Bowl last season, and it was never even close!! That counts for nothing?

Their only loss this season was to UCF, ranked 3 spots higher than them (UCF also just beat #6 Baylor in their bowl game). In that loss, Teddy did everything he possibly could. 341 yds, 2 TD passes, 0 INTs, 76% completion rate.

Clearly Teddy does JUST FINE against ranked teams. His defense, on the other hand... Not so much.

This kid has Gannon's work ethic and accuracy, a football IQ like Brees, Elway's arm and elusiveness and a competitive streak that simply refuses to lose. He is a fucking surgeon and has every single tool it takes. And BTW, he actually plays from UNDER CENTER!! Which of the other top-ranked QBs can say that? Sure as hell not Manziel or Hundley, I can tell you that. Teddy is the most complete, most NFL-ready, most polished prospect since Luck.

All those other guys you mentioned? First of all I don't know why Bledsoe's on that list, he was a great QB - a 4-time pro bowler ranked #10 all time in passing yds. Regarding Couch, in his last 2 seasons he played 11 games against ranked teams and LOST 9 OF THEM! Jamarcus beat a whole fucking ASSLOAD of ranked teams when he was at LSU. How many did Tebow beat? Aaron Murray of UGA beat a whole shitload of ranked teams this season and last, setting a bunch of SEC career passing records in the process. Should we draft him #5?

This argument against Teddy is bullshit. Total fucking BULLSHIT. Case closed.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby SoulPatrol » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Case closed? Case closed? The only thing closed is your mind. The argument doesn't just become bullshit because you don't like it brotha. Yes, playing against weak teams is the biggest question mark. Ultimately, that is the only question mark that matters. It doesn't matter how fast your car is if you're only racing against bicycles. They're is no reason to discuss the engine in your car, how much torque or horsepower there is if you're going to be up against bicycles.

I believe my list of QBs drafted 1st overall that played in small programs, against small programs speaks for itself. Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith speaks for itself. 2 out of these 3 guys can't get a job at McDonalds now much less the NFL. Alex Smith was literally "SAVED" by a miracle so don't give us this high holly shit about franchise QBs and Teddy Bridgewater. Bottom line is I am showing you tangible evidence based on history that small school #1 overall picks end up with very underwhelming success in the NFL. I'm also showing you that for #1 overall pick QBs in general there is underwhelming success. For every Peyton Manning, there are 10 average to below average guys who are not "franchise" QBs. In case you forgot, that was the purpose of this thread. To say the evidence doesn't go against drafting Bridgewater or anyone else #1 overall for us, is not only ludicrous, but ignorant. One more thing, I'd rather have Charlie Strong than Teddy Bridgewater. Case closed.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:43 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:Case closed? Case closed? The only thing closed is your mind. The argument doesn't just become bullshit because you don't like it brotha.

Never said it did brotha. It's closed because of my proof points.

Done. Next question.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
SoulPatrol wrote:Case closed? Case closed? The only thing closed is your mind. The argument doesn't just become bullshit because you don't like it brotha.

Never said it did brotha. It's closed because of my proof points.

Done. Next question.

It's neither done nor closed and your self-proclaimed "proof points" obviously lack depth. Soul is correct - lack of quality opponents is a huge concern when trying to grade his college performance. You can pretend like that doesn't matter, but it does matter whether you like it or not.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Bridgewater at Louisville: 2-1 against ranked teams in his career, 3 years.

Roethlisberger at Miami Ohio: 2-2 vs ranked teams in 3 years.

Steve Young: BYU, 2-2 against ranked teams in 3 years.

Kaepernick at fucking Nevada - 0-3 against ranked teams in his last 2 seasons. NEVER beat a ranked team.

Rich Gannon went to fucking Delaware, and I can't even find stats on him there, that's how big that fucking school is.

Aaron Rodgers at Cal only played against 5 ranked teams, and went 2-3.

Steve McNair played at Alcorn State. Randall Cunningham at UNLV. Tony Romo at Eastern Illinois.

Oh, and by the way, take one fucking guess where Johnny Unitas played. That's right, LOUISVILLE!!

Then there's Jamarcus Russell, LSU. 8-3 against ranked teams in his last 2 seasons alone. Dominant.

Mark Sanchez dominated against ranked teams at USC.

And BTW, Tim Couch played at Kentucky in the fucking SEC you blithering MORON. I lost count of how many ranked teams he played. Jeff George went to Purdue and Illinois and played 10 games against ranked teams, including 4 in his final season. Testaverde played at Miami in their heyday, 15 games against ranked teams

Your ranked team argument means jack shit. It's fucking stupid and if you want to get in my face about it, you've picked the WRONG guy. You're only ignorant if you choose not to look under the hood. You haven't said a single thing of substance on this topic. You, sir, should do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.

Regarding drafting a franchise QB in the first round, I have proven for a FACT that first-round QBs pan out FAR more often than others. Search for that post if you dare.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Tenebrous wrote:It's neither done nor closed and your self-proclaimed "proof points" obviously lack depth. Soul is correct - lack of quality opponents is a huge concern when trying to grade his college performance. You can pretend like that doesn't matter, but it does matter whether you like it or not.

I've given you plenty of depth. Soul is being a fucking idiot, and so are you. It is most certainly fucking closed. You are ludicrous. Please stop this abject dumbfuckery before I have to completely ditch my respect for you.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum