Why was Hue fired for going 8-8?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Why was Hue fired for going 8-8?

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Hue fired for going 8-8 & turning the offense into one of the best in the league & DA goes 4-12 two years in a row with 3-4 total blowouts and regression instead of progression. McKenzie was a fat arrogant prick when he fired Hue, now he should be fired but since Davis is such a ball less little spoiled dumb ass clueless prick we have to sit thru another brutal year next year & with Reggie handling the draft & free agents were fucked for another five years. Jerkofffs

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees
Highscores: 0

Re: Why was Hue fired for going 8-8?

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Why? There's no good answer unfortunately. Pride, stupidity, ignorance? Maybe all three.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:40 pm

So back-to-back 4-12 seasons will get a Raider coach a 3rd year, but one 8-8 season under incredible adversity is enough to get a Raider coach fired. Mark Davis, look at the message you are sending - incompetence will be rewarded while achievement will be punished. Just unbelievable.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby SoulPatrol » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm

I know why!!! It is because Fat Black Carrot Top wanted to bring in his own lousy cronie

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby silver & black » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:06 am

SoulPatrol wrote:I know why!!! It is because Fat Black Carrot Top wanted to bring in his own lousy cronie

I'm sure RM did want to bring in his own guy/s. If you were brought in to run/change an organisation wouldn't you want to start with guys of your own choosing? I know I would. Yes, in hindsight it was a bad decision to get rid of Hue but, I do understand why RM wanted to start fresh.

I liked Hue..... as many of you did. I also thought Hue got too big for his britches. I hated the Carson Palmer trade. I hated the manicure fiasco. I also think RM should have retained him..... with a stern talking to as to who runs things and his part in it. We would have been much better off if it went down like that (probably). It's just water under the bridge at this point. It's time to stop dwelling on what might/could have been and get on with what will be.

Trust me, I've been a Raiders fan for 46 years (not that it means shit). I understand why everyone is so pissed off. I never thought I would see one of the greatest teams in the NFL become the worst franchise in the league, let alone continue the futility for over a decade. All we can do as fans is sit back and see what happens.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:27 am

silver & black wrote:
SoulPatrol wrote:I know why!!! It is because Fat Black Carrot Top wanted to bring in his own lousy cronie

I'm sure RM did want to bring in his own guy/s. If you were brought in to run/change an organisation wouldn't you want to start with guys of your own choosing? I know I would. Yes, in hindsight it was a bad decision to get rid of Hue but, I do understand why RM wanted to start fresh.

I liked Hue..... as many of you did. I also thought Hue got too big for his britches. I hated the Carson Palmer trade. I hated the manicure fiasco. I also think RM should have retained him..... with a stern talking to as to who runs things and his part in it. We would have been much better off if it went down like that (probably). It's just water under the bridge at this point. It's time to stop dwelling on what might/could have been and get on with what will be.

Trust me, I've been a Raiders fan for 46 years (not that it means shit). I understand why everyone is so pissed off. I never thought I would see one of the greatest teams in the NFL become the worst franchise in the league, let alone continue the futility for over a decade. All we can do as fans is sit back and see what happens.

While I agree with the latter part of your post, I still disagree with the former. Yes, a GM normally picks their guy, but a GM normally comes to a team that is stuck at rock bottom. In Oakland, the GM died as the team was finally showing signs of moving up. Thus, the typical solution was not necessarily the best solution for Oakland's atypical situation. To put it another way, if, for example, the GM of the Seahawks or Chiefs were to pass away (knock on wood), would it make sense for a new GM to step in and immediately fire Carroll or Reid?! Of course not.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
silver & black wrote:

While I agree with the latter part of your post, I still disagree with the former. Yes, a GM normally picks their guy, but a GM normally comes to a team that is stuck at rock bottom. In Oakland, the GM died as the team was finally showing signs of moving up. Thus, the typical solution was not necessarily the best solution for Oakland's atypical situation. To put it another way, if, for example, the GM of the Seahawks or Chiefs were to pass away (knock on wood), would it make sense for a new GM to step in and immediately fire Carroll or Reid?! Of course not.

I definitely agree with you. I was just pointing out the probable reason for letting Hue go. It happens all the time in busuness, which the NFL is, right or wrong.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:46 pm

silver & black wrote:I definitely agree with you. I was just pointing out the probable reason for letting Hue go. It happens all the time in busuness, which the NFL is, right or wrong.

As a businessman I can tell you that it does indeed happen all the time in business. BAD business. It only happens when some executive has an agenda/priorities that don't include what's best for the company. These kinds of decisions SINK organizations every single day.

So while your assertion is correct, it is more damning for Reggie than it is an explanation or an excuse.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:55 pm

I've said it many times before, Mark Davis made the decision to can Hue! He didn't like Hue getting Palmer for all those draft picks and they didn't even make the playoffs. 8-8 isn't bad but it isn't 11-5 or 12-4 and playoffs and a typical Raider successful season that they were known for during the good old days. Davis was looking to clean up the cap purgatory anyway for the 2012 season and beyond. Mark Davis should have kept Hue, Palmer and Michael Bush, dump all the other salaries that RM ended up doing and build from there.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum