Teddy BridgeWater

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Teddy BridgeWater

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:12 pm

Tenebrous wrote:Seriously? Stats do not always tell the whole story. The fact is, he has made good numbers playing against less talented teams - that is a problem when using a top 5 pick.

Stats don't tell the whole story, but strength of schedule somehow DOES?? It's not a problem with the 5 pick when that's the ONLY problem you can come up with, and the kid has everything it takes. it's not a problem for me AT ALL.

in fact, if HOU doesn't take him I'd trade up to #2 to get him.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:34 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:Lol, how many ranked teams did Bridgewater play against? That's right, ZERO..

Look Tene, I have a lot of respect for you but you're hanging your hat on this ONE issue and completely disregarding all of the incredible shit he does on the field. His accuracy, his arm, his escapability, his intelligence. This is not like you man.

I am not discounting those aspects of his game at all, rather I am putting them in context. Louisville, by any stretch of the imagination, did not have a tough schedule this year. How is his game when he faces more talented teams? How well does he handle real pressure? How many complex defenses has he faced?

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Tenebrous wrote:I am not discounting those aspects of his game at all, rather I am putting them in context. Louisville, by any stretch of the imagination, did not have a tough schedule this year. How is his game when he faces more talented teams? How well does he handle real pressure? How many complex defenses has he faced?

For all your harping on this, Louisville ended the season ranked. All because of Teddy. With his talent and skillset, give me one reason why he wouldn't succeed against better teams, given better weapons around him?

Unlike Hundley, a running joystick QB who proved to be quite mediocre in the face of tough competition.

Bridgewater is an entirely different animal.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:50 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:Seriously? Stats do not always tell the whole story. The fact is, he has made good numbers playing against less talented teams - that is a problem when using a top 5 pick.

Stats don't tell the whole story, but strength of schedule somehow DOES?? It's not a problem with the 5 pick when that's the ONLY problem you can come up with, and the kid has everything it takes. it's not a problem for me AT ALL.

No, I am stating simply that you have to put his numbers in context. Sorry if you have no answer to the strength of schedule issue, but ignoring some serious questions will not lead to better decisions. If you would rather go draft blindly, then go, but don't go out and try to call people out for pointing out the obvious.

For example, right now, late in the 4th quarter, Hundley and UCLA is dominating against Virginia Tech - if they faced this type of opposition the entire year, all the talk would be about Hundley. Hundley is still the same player, but the perception of him would have changed simply because he would have never been challenged.

Last edited by Tenebrous on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:57 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:I am not discounting those aspects of his game at all, rather I am putting them in context. Louisville, by any stretch of the imagination, did not have a tough schedule this year. How is his game when he faces more talented teams? How well does he handle real pressure? How many complex defenses has he faced?

For all your harping on this, Louisville ended the season ranked. All because of Teddy. With his talent and skillset, give me one reason why he wouldn't succeed against better teams, given better weapons around him?

Unlike Hundley, a running joystick QB who proved to be quite mediocre in the face of tough competition.

Bridgewater is an entirely different animal.

Then this proves my point, in the games he played, Bridgewater and his team were consistently the most talented team on Saturdays. Wow, how did he put up such impressive numbers when he consistently played on the most talented team. Amazing. Bah.

Again, I am not arguing that he is a bum, only that he is too big of a risk for a top 5 pick.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:

No, I am stating simply that you have to put his numbers in context. Sorry if you have no answer to the strength of schedule issue, but ignoring some serious questions will not lead to better decisions. If you would rather go draft blindly, then go, but don't go out and try to call people out for pointing out the obvious.

For example, right now, late in the 4th quarter, Hundley and UCLA is dominating against Virginia Tech - if they faced this type of opposition the entire year, all the talk would be about Hundley. Hundley is still the same player, but the perception of him would have changed simply because he would have never been challenged.

WTF are you talking about man? I IGNORE nothing. I put EVERYTHING in context. Always. And in putting Bridgewater's performances into context, the evidence on the "pro" side completely overwhelms the strength of schedule issue. it's that simple.

Your taking on Loisville's talent level is interesting, if completely subjective. If they were more talented than every other team they faced, it was only because they had Bridgewater.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:27 pm

WTF are you talking about man? I IGNORE nothing. I put EVERYTHING in context. Always. And in putting Bridgewater's performances into context, the evidence on the "pro" side completely overwhelms the strength of schedule issue. it's that simple.

Your taking on Loisville's talent level is interesting, if completely subjective. If they were more talented than every other team they faced, it was only because they had Bridgewater.

Well, I am going to agree to disagree, but you are ignoring certain realities whether you want to accept it or not - facing serious opposition can be quite revealing. Facing better teams, more talented teams, can be even more revealing. The fact that you seem to believe that watching Bridgewater in the warmest of lights is enough to judge him is problematic.

There's also the issue of his frame which keeps on getting ignored, his playing weight is sub 200 lbs.

Lol, nice try, but not exactly subjective - football is not an individual sport, so while a good QB can help his team, he still needs players to work with; someone to catch, to block, etc.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby bigboy3333 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:I have yet to see any player look bad in their own highlight reel.

Maybe you should look at his stats then. Or watch a complete game. Or do something other than snipe a guy who is consistently an excellent QB in a pro set, displaying ALL the skills and attributes required to succeed wildly in the NFL.

Seriously? Stats do not always tell the whole story. The fact is, he has made good numbers playing against less talented teams - that is a problem when using a top 5 pick. Not mention that he seems to be sub-200 lbs soaking wet.

Tene, what does his weight has to do with being a Great QB??? Pull up anyone of Bridgewater games and watch then give your opinion.....I don't think that U ever seen him play, have U????

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 pm

Lol, playing weight matters - no QB can effective on the sideline, so he needs to be able to take some hits.

Yes, I have seen him play some, most recently against Miami, but no I have not watched an entire game. Personally, I would rather watch UCLA or Stanford play Oregon, or Texas A & M play Alabama than watch Bridgewater play the Washington Generals.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby bigboy3333 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Tenebrous wrote:Lol, playing weight matters - no QB can effective on the sideline, so he needs to be able to take some hits.

Yes, I have seen him play some, most recently against Miami, but no I have not watched an entire game. Personally, I would rather watch UCLA or Stanford play Oregon, or Texas A & M play Alabama than watch Bridgewater play the Washington Generals.

I sure Bridgewater can put on some weight, if that worry U?? they also say a qb thats under 6 feet tall can be a good NFL qb (BULLSHIT}

Yes we also knows were the best teams in College football are from EAST Coast & the South East..... :D

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum