Pryor’s agent slams Dennis Allen

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2013, 11:14 PM EST
Pryor
AP
The final game at Candlestick Park isn’t the only excitment in the Bay Area tonight.

The agent for Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor has gone public with an allegation that coach Dennis Allen has an agenda for making Pryor the starter for Week 17.

“I think they’re putting him in hopes that he fails,” Jerome Stanley told Scott Bair of CSN Bay Area. “That’s what I think Coach is doing. I think they’re putting him in hopes that he has a bad game, so he can then justify the Matt McGloin situation. I think that’s what’s going on, I do and it’s ridiculous.”

Some would say it’s ridiculous for Stanley to go public with such an inflammatory allegation, since it will now be hard for Pryor to get a serious opportunity elsewhere — unless Pyor hires a new agent.

“You have to understand the [situation] Coach is putting him in, he doesn’t want him to look good,” Stanley said. “And you can write that. He doesn’t want him to look good because, if he looks good this week, it makes the past five weeks look like a bad decision. [Allen] doesn’t want [Pryor] to look good, he wants him to look bad. That is what is going on.”

What’s going on now is that, unless Pryor publicly disavows Stanley’s remarks, the situation becomes very awkward for Pryor, Allen, and the Raiders. If Pryor doesn’t disagree with Stanley’s remarks, Allen risks looking weak and ineffective unless he says or does something.

Stanley’s comments suggest that Allen backed McGloin as the starter, and that someone else has made the decision to give Pryor another look. If Pryor stinks in the regular-season finale, Allen’s support for McGloin becomes justified.

“I expect Terrelle Pryor to be a successful starting quarterback in the NFL,” Stanley said. “I expect that. I’ll be shocked if it didn’t happen. Terrelle Pryor is the best and most dynamic athlete in the NFL playing the quarterback position. He also has won games and been productive when given the opportunity. It’s not brain surgery. His coach stumbled upon a gem, the find of the season in Terrelle Pryor. He stumbled upon him and then he botched the discovery. It was ridiculous, just ridiculous.”

The situation is now officially ridiculous. And the ball is in Pryor’s and/or Allen’s court. Expect to hear something from one or both of them soon.

Almost unbelievably, the mess continues to grow.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Pryor’s agent slams Dennis Allen

Postby SoulPatrol » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:47 am

This franchise of ours is a joke.

"Allen risks looking weak and ineffective" -- We're 4-12, really the worst team in the league all things considered, and this incident is what makes Allen "weak" and "ineffective"? Really...? I mean, really?

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:52 am

Allen is a little prick! This HAS to be the last straw for this idiot! He's the poor mans Jim Shwartz! YOU SUCK!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:46 am

:lol: That's pretty much all I got.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby snakebuck » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:54 am

This proves to me that Allen is on his way out. It also proves that he does not like Pryor for some unknown reason. He's been a class act young man and Allen is being a DICK. Fire his ass the second after the last game is over.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:00 am

Of course the agent is saying this to defend his client!! Fact is Pryor was a turnover machine and a 3 and out machine!!! The offense didn't move really at all except for little stretches of games and Pryor had no pocket awareness or accuracy in the pocket. It got old real quick McGloin has a quick drop and gets the ball out fast like any young decent NFL QB. Sure McGloin makes rookie mistakes, but his defense didn't show up in many of his starts like they did when Pryor was starting earlier in the year. Team said before the season that this was an evaluation seasonso they've evaluated both QB. This roster coming into the year was a 4 or 5 win roster lets be honest!!! Not many coaches would go 8-8 or 10-6 with this team and than consider the injuries. Not to defend DA but RM didn't give him much this year to be successful in my opinion.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Del » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 pm

"Terrelle Pryor is the best and most dynamic athlete in the NFL playing the quarterback position."

THIS.

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby SoulPatrol » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Of course the agent is saying this to defend his client!! Fact is Pryor was a turnover machine and a 3 and out machine!!! The offense didn't move really at all except for little stretches of games and Pryor had no pocket awareness or accuracy in the pocket. It got old real quick McGloin has a quick drop and gets the ball out fast like any young decent NFL QB. Sure McGloin makes rookie mistakes, but his defense didn't show up in many of his starts like they did when Pryor was starting earlier in the year. Team said before the season that this was an evaluation seasonso they've evaluated both QB. This roster coming into the year was a 4 or 5 win roster lets be honest!!! Not many coaches would go 8-8 or 10-6 with this team and than consider the injuries. Not to defend DA but RM didn't give him much this year to be successful in my opinion.

The agent is just another douche agent, like all the rest. They have no idea how stupid they sound sometimes...or maybe they do and they just don't care. I guess that's why you get paid the big bucks - you have to just say stupid shit, be loud and obnoxious, and yell and scream a lot, and go on rants as often as possible.

Pryor and McGloin both have issues, no doubt, plus the team sucks balls. Honestly, right now I'm not even worried about the QB. The coaching staff and GM are the Raider's first and primary problem. Allen, McKenzie, and Davis are morons. Mistake, after mistake, after mistake. Otherwise, it doesn't matter who is at QB, it would be a little like teaming up John Elway with Joe Bugel as HC. Ain't nothing going to work.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:26 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:This franchise of ours is a joke.

"Allen risks looking weak and ineffective" -- We're 4-12, really the worst team in the league all things considered, and this incident is what makes Allen "weak" and "ineffective"? Really...? I mean, really?

Soul you make a lot of good points on this board. Rep and props.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:06 pm

Terrelle Pryor is garbage..worst pocket passer in the NFL!!! The games he won this year the defense pulled them out for him. McGloin most games he lost the defense didn't show up for him. McGloin would do well in the west coast offense.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum