Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland Raiders QB

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland Raiders QB

Postby blazin1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 am

Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has likely taken his last snap in Oakland as the team prepares to make room on its roster and avoid salary cap trouble, reports CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.

Palmer has two years and $28 million left on his non-guaranteed contract. The Raiders are likely unwilling to pay that kind of money for a 33-year old who’s declining in production. He’s slated to make a base salary of $13 million, and would be a huge cap hit to the Raiders in any imaginable scenario.

The 2003 No. 1 overall pick threw for 4,018 yards in 2012 to go along with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 starts. He amassed an 85.3 quarterback rating as the Raiders struggled to a 4-12 third-place finish in the AFC West. They struggled mightily on offense throughout the season, scoring just 18.1 points per game, which was good for 26th out of 32 NFL teams n that respect.

Palmer made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006, his best two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He threatened retirement in hopes that the Bengals would trade him, which they finally did prior to the 2011 season.

LINK: http://www.sportsoutwest.com/2013/02/06/carson-palmer-contract-oakland-raiders-salary-cap/

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland Raiders QB

Postby Agentjon » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Good, I honestly like the man, but hate him as a Raider if that makes any sense... I still don't know why we traded for a washed up player, but hey, that's what we do haha. But we neeeeeedd to get rid of this chump! Too much money, too many interceptions, put out TP that's all I'm saying! They'll be better free agents in the upcoming years and same with the draft, we'll get a REAL QB soon, don't worry about that, let's worry about the cap room first.

Follow me on Twitter @Jon14225
Raider Nation for life!
Someone's gotta do it...

Agentjon
Rookie
Rookie
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum