Some good QBs in this league - Would u take him over Carr?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Some good QBs in this league - Would u take him over Carr?

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:01 pm

So I've been looking around at who needs QBs and who's going to pick up whom... And what I'm realizing is that there aren't a whole lot of teams out there with crappy QBs anymore. It really is quite amazing. Here's what I see, and whether or not I'd take their QB over Carr.

There are 18 QBs in this league I would take over Carr.

BUF - Josh Allen rocked last season without a lot of talent around him, and he's just going to get better. YES, I'd take him over Carr.

NE - This team might end up with the worst QB in the league this coming season. I think Bill is going to work something out to maybe draft Jordan Love. NO, I wouldn't take Love over Carr. I don't want that kid, I see BUST written all over him.

NYJ - Like Josh Allen, Darnold rocked last season without much to work with, I'm really liking this kid. YES.

MIA - They'll wind up with Tua. And while I think the kid is slightly overrated, I think he'll have a nice career. I think people are expecting him to be Warren Moon, and I just don't see that comp. But YES, I'd trade Carr for the ability to draft Tua.

BAL - League MVP at QB. Really, I hate running QBs. Jackson will get broken. NO, I'd keep Carr.

PIT - They're getting Ben back, but he's getting really close to retirement. But he's still a stud. YES.

CLE - The kid's an enigma right now. But I think his regression last season was due to coaching more than anything else. YES I'd take Baker over Carr.

CIN - No fucking question, YES I'd take Burrow over Carr, so fast it would break your neck trying to watch me run to the podium.

HOU - This one's tough. Watson's a jackwagon, a prissy little boy I don't like much. But he makes more plays than Carr does, so YES.

TEN - Tannehill looked fucking awesome last season. i was utterly impressed. YES.

IND - I've always hated Rivers and now he's ancient and that stupid throwing motion has sapped all his arm strength. He can't get anything downfield anymore with any consistency. He'll do OK for IND, but NO I'd stick w Carr.

JAX - They ditched Foles and are sticking with Minshew barring some kind of stunning draft day move. I love watching Gardner - watched him multiple times in college - but there are just too many ??? with him still. NO, I'd stick w Carr.

KC - Uh, YES.

DEN - Lock looked pretty good but just haven't seen enough. So NO, I'd have to stick w Carr.

LAC - They should be picking up Herbert, and YES, I'd take that kid all day long.

PHI - I honestly don't think Wentz would be much of an upgrade over Carr. Wentz has been hurt badly as well and prob has all the PTSD to go w it. Good, live arm, but Carr has that as well. NO, I'd stick w Carr.

DAL
- NO, Dak is shit. He has played with GREAT talent around him and really done jack shit w it.

NYG
- Danny Dimes looks pretty damn good. But NO, I have to see more before I would say yes to him.

WAS - NO FUCKING WAY would I take Haskins over Carr. Dwayne will be washing out of the league very soon IMO.

GB
- Uh, YES.

MIN
- YES, I'd take Cousins over Carr in a heartbeat.

CHI
- They picked up Foles. The guy's just too inconsistent Yeah, he won a SB, but that was a wild year where he was in a position where he had absolutely nothing to lose. I don't thing he's true starter material. My God, he lost out to Gardner Minshew. NO, I'll stick w Carr.

DET - YES, I'd take Stafford. I watched him a couple times last season. There's very little that blows my mind in the game these days, but his ability to send the ball 50 yds downfield on a line with a little flick of his wrist is fucking insane.

NO - YES, I'll take Brees.

ATL - NO. I hate Ryan. He's NOT an accurate QB. Julio Jones would have HOF numbers if he was playing with one of these other guys I'm saying yes to.

TB - Brady. YES.

CAR
- They picked up Bridgewater. YES, I'd take him over Carr. He did a great job while Brees was out, and I think he could really take a team to another level ohnce he gets a chance to be the starter from day 1, get all the reps, be the undisputed leader. He has progressed well even though he has been riding a lot of pine.

SF - NO. Jimmy's not an upgrade over Carr.

SEA
- Uh, YES.

LAR
- This is a tough one. Would Goff be an upgrade? I think he probably would. I will say YES here.

AZ
- Kyler Murray. Very small, and a running QB. He's going to get broken and intercepted. For right now, unti he shows me more, I have to say NO.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Some good QBs in this league - Would u take him over Car

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:53 pm

I'm not a Carr fan, as you know. I think we need to stay with him for the next season. If he still doesn't perform... Do what ever it takes to draft Trevor Lawrence .

I think the only one of your picks I disagree with is Brady. I don't care how good he WAS. He isn't any more. No one defeats Father Time... not even Brady.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Yeah, in my analysis I wasn't looking long-term. Just this coming season. And I would def take Brady over Carr in 2020.

I know you wouldn't. It's certainly an arguable position, there's no hard, cold definite answer on this one that I's pound a table about.

The whole issue about whether or not to keep Carr is HUGE:Y difficult in general. He makes it really hard to pound a table on his behalf, and yet he also makes it hard to pound a table against him. You know, that 2016 season sticking out there like a sore thumb is tantalizing as hell and really makes you pause any time you start thinking about ditching him.

And when you think about what he did last year... Yeah, he had issues. No question, but so did the rest of the O. And let's face it, the fucking sickening defense basically dropped the whole season in the O's lap.

It's fucking bizarre. How do you have an offense ranked #11 in yards but #24 in fucking points?!? Anyone with an analytical bone in his body can take one look at those stats and figure out right away THAT is a play calling issue right there, folks, plain and simple. THAT is a problem with a coach not knowing how to use his players in the red zone. THAT is a coach not knowing how to go in for the kill.

Now, some may argue it was Carr who failed to go in for the kill. Gruden certainly intimated in interviews last season that he had killshot calls on at times and Carr didn't execute them.

So we're going to find out, I think. I think if the problem was with Gruden it will persist and we'll have that same kind of good yardage/bad point production stat again this coming season. I think if the problem was Carr that stat will improve.

Regardless, I believe the team will improve next season.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Newark Raider 820 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Dead,,you my man...but you take Scaredheart over Kyler M .and Dak omg

Newark Raider 820
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Oh yea, I fucking hate Dak. That dude has taken some ridiculously talented teams and flushed them down the toilet. He's a fucking ball and chain man. Carr would have taken Dallas to the playoffs last year. No doubt in my mind.

And Murray has a LOT to prove. He's still running around out there like it's sandlot football. He's still playing like some 12-yr-old kid has him on a joystick. Long way to go.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum